On behalf of Fern, Aidenvironment & Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), you are invited to the event “Responsible Investment into Sustainable, Deforestation-free Supply Chains – Which EU Policies Do We Need?” which will take place on May 6, from 12.30 to 15.00 at the Norway House, Rue Archimède 17, 1000 Bruxelles.
To register, please click here.
Focusing on Brazil, this event will discuss how the EU’s agriculture, finance and investment policies can help companies and investors achieve sustainable and deforestation-free supply chains. Panelists will discuss both what is needed to eliminate deforestation in agricultural supply chains and the sustainability and financial risks of deforestation and explore additional measures that could ensure that neither products placed on the EU market nor the EU financial sector contributes to deforestation.
1) Tim Steinweg, Consultant, Aidenvironment
Sustainability and financial risks for investors in agricultural supply chains in Brazil
2) Peter van der Werf, Director, Active Ownership, Robeco
Role for investors to achieve change at investee companies and what is needed from policy makers.
3) Cristina Hastings-Newsome, Global Sustainability, Louis Dreyfus Company
Louis Dreyfus Company’s zero-deforestation/conversion policy and participation in the Soft Commodities Forum
4) Zsofia Kerecsen, Corporate Governance team, Directorate General Justice, European Commission
European Commission actions in the field of sustainable corporate governance
5) European Commission, Directorate General Agriculture, requested, tbc.
EU-Brazil agricultural trade, deforestation and policy solutions